You are in the right place. CEUProfessional has a new look! Same great courses, same great prices!
The goal is best defined by the actual text of:
Title XXXII: Regulation of Professions and Occupations
CHAPTER 457 ACUPUNCTURE
457.101 Legislative intent. -- The Legislature finds that the interests of the public health require the regulation of the practice of acupuncture in this state for the purpose of protecting the health, safety, and welfare of our citizens while making this healing art available to those who seek it.
Each section of Chapter 456, Florida Statutes: Health Professions and Occupations: General Provisions, Title XXXII, Chapter 457 and Rules 64B1: Board of Acupuncture are quoted in this course with some summary in bold either preceding the text, following the text or within it.
1. To cover the subject of prevention of Medical Errors as defined by "practice-based evidence" in federal research
2. To teach the practitioner how to mitigate and remedy errors that occur and formulate policy and procedure to prevent and minimize error, based on latest Western practice-based error research.
3. To apply this knowledge to specializations in alternative medicine, with a case study in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine and the interaction between Western pharmaceuticals and herbal medicines.
1. The modes of transmission,
2. Infection control procedures,
3. Clinical management, and prevention of human immunodeficiency virus and acquired immune deficiency syndrome.
4. Information on current Florida law on acquired immune deficiency syndrome
a.) Its impact on testing, confidentiality of test results, treatment of patients
b.) Protocols and procedures applicable to human immunodeficiency virus counseling and testing, reporting,
c.) The offering of HIV testing to pregnant women, and partner notification issues pursuant to ss. 381.004 (HIV Testing) and 384.25 (HIV Reporting).
Advanced Acupuncture to Treat Mental-Emotional Disorders:
The course brings an understanding of Mental and Emotional Disorders and their treatment, as described in the Ancient Texts. It is based on the Ling Shu and the Su Wen - as translated by Nguyen Van Nghi MD and Tran Viet Dzung MD. The information presented covers the pathology and treatment of the emotions and the various pathways of destabilization, with particular emphasis on the Law of Five Movements. Valuable extraordinary points and needling techniques according to the ancient texts for advanced acupuncture treatment of these disorders are also described.
All Courses approved by both Florida Board of Acupuncture and NCCAOM